Four Ways to Cool Down Your Defensiveness

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

September 14, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

Four Ways to Cool Down Your Defensiveness

In a person who is open to experience each stimulus is freely relayed through the nervous system, without being distorted by any process of defensiveness.

- Carl Rogers -

Four Ways to Cool Down Your Defensiveness

"Years ago, when I had my first media interview about my research on humility, the interviewer was curious whether studying humility actually made me any humbler. She asked me to poll my wife, to see how humble she perceived me to be. When I solicited my ranking from one to 10, my wife gave me a four." More in this post that shares four ways to counteract one's own tendency towards defensiveness. { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration, check out this article from Greater Good Magazine, "How Do You Know If You Are Actually Humble?" { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Seven Lessons Learned from Leaves

Live a Life Worth Living

Words Can Change Your Brain

On the Road with Thomas Merton

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

'New Day's Lyric': Amanda Gorman

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention

ThanksBeing with Rumi


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 161,886 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to save money.